Monday, October 04, 2004

mcdonald's is freaky

I think I set my expectations way too high before watching 'super size me'.. if you haven't heard of it, it's basically a documentary on the effects of fast food, so the guy sets off to eat mcdonald's for thirty days, and nothing else, yes breakfast, lunch, dinner, including water, must be from one of the thousands of McDonald's franchises, and when asked to have his meal 'super sized', he must.. the results were obvious -- he gained 24.5 pounds and his liver got nuked..

I expected it to be humorous and smart, but it was neither. the guy didn't have any idea what he was talking about, or he was attempting an innocent persona, but he kept it throughout the entire movie -- so there was obviously no point. the movie consisted only of barfing and complaining about headaches.. and that's it -- the movies was over. what a waste of time, geez. did it work? will I not eat McDonald's anymore? of course not, I'm a vegetarian anyways, but I will still eat the Veggie Burger (considering that Yves makes them, and there's only 8.6 grams of fat, still a lot, but nothing compared to other McDonald's meals).

Geoffrey Guilliano, who dressed up as Ronald McDonald from late 1970's to early 1980's), and later embraced vegetarianism, said "I feel badly about what I've done with young people. I was the happy face on something that was horrendous."

That's always nice to know.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home